The mainstream pharmaceutical narrative is that OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a chronic mental illness that requires medication for life. This is actually quite inaccurate and it is possible to treat and even cure OCD without medications. OCD always has a root cause and if it’s treated, the symptoms will disappear without using neurotoxic drugs.
Here are 10 causes of OCD:
1) Neuroinflammation. This is essentially the cause behind all other causes.
2) PANS/PANDAS. These are usually caused by an infection that triggers an autoimmune inflammation of the brain.
3) Diet. The 4 biggest culprits are sugar, gluten, dairy and glutamate.
4) Thyroid problems. This includes hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
5) Mold exposure.
6) Trauma. This is many times the triggering event.
7) Heavy metals. This includes mercury, aluminum, and copper.
8) Dysbiosis. This is an imbalance between the good and bad microbes in your gut.
9) Vitamin deficiencies. The common ones are B12, D and magnesium.
10) Psychiatric medications. This is VERY common and the ones are I see a lot are stimulants for ADHD and SSRIs.